Ethical Code of Conduct
Due to our unique social mission, we seek to align with other companies who are making a stand and a positive difference in the fashion industry. With the desire to affect further positive change, Maeka Standard commits to continuously improve all aspects of its supply chain with a vision to lead the industry with its social and environmental impact.
Transparency is key to keep our supply chains above reproach. The Maeka Standard team seeks to work with integrity in every facet of manufacturing.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOUNDATIONS
Maeka Standard requires our suppliers to guarantee good working conditions and a good working environment for their employees.
The Maeka Standard Ethical Trading Policy defines the minimum standard of ethical and responsible behaviour that must be met by the manufacturers and suppliers of the products commissioned by Maeka Standard, in the course of its business.
This Code is firmly based on respect for human and labour rights and has been set upon the foundations of The Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code, and, in turn, the International Labour Organization’s Four Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
These categories are:
- freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of forced or compulsory labour;
- the abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
The Maeka Standard Ethical Trading Policy shall be applied to all manufacturers and suppliers that take part in the purchasing, manufacturing and finishing processes, and is based upon the following general principles that define Maeka Standard's ethical behaviour:
- All Maeka Standard’s operations are developed from an ethical and responsible perspective.
- All persons, individuals or entities who maintain, directly or indirectly, any kind of employment, economic, social and/or industrial relationship with Maeka Standard are treated fairly, with respect, and with dignity.
- All Maeka Standard’s activities are carried out in a manner that most respects the environment.
- All manufacturers and suppliers fully adhere to these commitments and undertake to ensure that the standards set forth in the Code are met.
Maeka Standard has confidence in its suppliers and manufacturers. Maeka Standard's is thankful that these suppliers already do much more for working conditions and the environment than the minimum requirements. Maeka Standard is privileged to align with suppliers leading the industry in their conduct on social and environmental matters, and we look forward to continuing to make supply chain improvements with their support.